Shoes! yes the all mighty shoe, the everyday mobility wear, one of the first fashion accessory that gives a lasting impression being either positive or negative depending on how you appear at first sight
In this post I will analyze and reveal the 5 best shoe care method for everyone and will also chip in several tips and guides in between, grab your shoe lets roll.
5 best shoe care methods
Buy Shoes of right size
There have always been reasons to emphasize on this point, if not for your comfort but the fact still remains that most people buy shoes that are not of the right size, below are some effect or resultant of buying a shoe that is not of right size
- The shoe will bring discomfort and limit movement
- the shoe will expand and will bring about a disfigured shape
- The shoe may end up at the shoe rack after wearing it but once, though there are still several effects of buying shoes of the wrong size the ones listed above are among the most common effect of buying the shoe of wrong size.
- Also, very important to note is that a tight shoe can also affect the shape of your feet bringing about a disfigured shape which may need surgery
Now that we have identified the known effect lets talk the way out:
- Shoes should always be tested before buying them, the shoe may look the finest and you’d want to have it by all means but what if it is not of right size?, Then you just have to let it go, and look for more fitting alternative for your long time enjoyment
- If you order you shoes from an online store, it is always important to know the shoe size chart for several countries labeling.
If by EURO SIZE is 44, then by UK SIZE will be 10.5. Just save somewhere as it is useful when you shop for shoes online.
Also, if by shoe size is measured in INCHES as 11.25″ then by EURO size would be 45 and by UK size 12
Lastly if by shoe size measured in CENTIMETERS is 29.4 then by EURO shoe size will be 46 and by UK size 13.
Dry your Shoes after a long day usage
Why is this among the shoe care method? Here is a fact from google ” the sweat gland in the feet produces approximately half a pint of sweat daily”. That is how much sweat the shoe absorbs daily!!
Have you ever been in a room where someone who innocently wanted to free his foot after wearing a shoe for a long time fills the air with a bad smell from his shoe?, yes I have been in such room more than once and I will say it ruins the atmosphere. The three main ways I would recommend you keep your shoe dry:
- If you are sitting try to free your legs from the shoes occasionally
- If you are back home from a long day full of several activities keep the shoes in a dry place
- And when you are not wearing the shoe expose it to sunlight, common you tan your skin give your shoes that excitement also for a natural sun dry.
Which to Polish or Wash?
For your dress/ formal/ corporate Shoes
so basically your formal, corporate or dress shoe will never look astonishing without a polish, no matter how well you dust the surface it will not bring that brand new-look and feel that comes with polishing.
Do not wash a leather shoes too often it will not only affect the quality of the material when it is not dry it can also bring a foul smell which is never an air freshener. If you have any reason at all to wash a dress shoe then:
Do so with soft and damp cloth then rub the surface gently till all parts are covered
For your casual wear
you also want to look good in your sneakers, trainers, athletic shoes its best to keep them dry and free the legs from them occasionally if you plan to wear them all day,
If you want to wash your boot, sneakers, trainers or athletic shoe best and most simple way to do so with a soft and damp cloth then rub the surface gently till all parts are covered.
For white shoes try to wash them immediately after wear if you wish to retain the original color.
The Importance of socks
Wearing socks is among the best ways to maintain the interior of our shoe. If not for the sweat it absorbs but also to retain design of the interior material and also prevent the shoe from stinking in the long run.
Check below socks type for several categories of shoes:
- Ankle Length Socks: For low cut shoes like loafers, casual shoes perfect for all your casual outings
- Quarter Length Socks: They give good coverage and also protect the back of your feet and shoe bites
- Crew Length Socks: Often used in winter for outdoor physical activities, give excellent warmth, protection and covering
- Calf Length Socks: with cover up to the calf muscles and a little below your knees, used mostly by sport activities.
- Knee Length Socks: Used mostly by women as the socks act as cushion and keeps the body warm up from the knees to the feet
- Slip-on Padding: Perfect for low cut loafers or shoes, with this there is really no excuse for not wearing socks with your shoe as they also protect your foot from shoe bites.
Wear the right shoe for the right season
Wearing the right shoes for the right season does not just mean the seasons of the year but also wearing the right shoes at the best moment. As I will not wear by dress shoe for an early morning jogging round the field, then I will definitely not wear a Timberland shoe to an interview.
Not only will that bring discomfort but it will also damage the life of the shoe. See suggestions below:
For the rainy seasons try to go for:
- Quick drying shoes
- Jelly flats
- washable sneakers
- Slip proof clicks
- Water resistance lace-ups
For spring go for
- Casual slip on
- Cotton shoes
Shoe for Fall(Autumn) go for:
NOTE: The lists above are suggestions you can use and by no means limit your freedom and imagination to wearing what actually looks good and makes sense to you.
- Always arrange shoes on a shoe rack
- Always dust clean shoes after use, never know when the next emergency is
- Wear your shoe according to the season
- Always wear socks
- If you will be wearing the shoe all day try to free your shoes occasionally when you are on sit or relaxing
- When shoes no longer fits give them to gift them to charity or someone I would actually fit.
As the first thing you notice when you meet a strange person are Cloths Facial expression and gestures. I will want to create a first impression that brings a better memory how about you?
If you have any questions or additions I might have missed in the course of this work please leave your comments below and I will be glad to reply as I get them.
But before I go, enjoy this quote from Clinton Kelly a fashion lover and enthusiast
“Sometimes comfort doesn’t matter. When a shoe is freakin’ fabulous, it may be worth a subsequent day of misery. Soak in Epsom salts and take comfort in the fact that you’re better than everyone else.”
― Clinton Kelly