Have you ever been stuck at a store and not sure What glass to buy and you are like, to the store person; what glass do you recommend?. But did you really know that prior to going to the store/mall you ought to have atleast a picture of what you are looking for, but hey!, what are the things you need to look out for.
Here in this post I will be revealing how to buy sunglasses for men, showing you the things you need to know when buying sunglasses as a man or for a man, with guides in between to enabling you shopping with style and class, so what are you waiting for.
Shifting or focus on sunglasses, primarily designed to provide protection from sunlight
Sunglasses or sun glasses (informally called shades) are a form of protective eyewear designed primarily to prevent bright sunlight and high-energy visible light from damaging or discomforting the eyes. They can sometimes also function as a visual aid, as variously termed spectacles or glasses exist, featuring lenses that are colored, polarized or darkened. In the early 20th century, they were also known as sun cheaters (cheaters then being an American slang term for glasses).
The American Optometric Association recommends wearing sunglasses that block ultraviolet radiation (UV) whenever a person is in the sun to protect the eyes from UV and blue light, which can cause several serious eye problems. Its usage is mandatory immediately after some surgical procedures, such as LASIK, and recommended for a certain time period in dusty areas, when leaving the house and in front of a TV screen or computer monitor after LASEK. It is important to note that dark glasses that do not block UV radiation can be more damaging to the eyes than not wearing eye protection at all, since they tend to open the pupil and allow more UV rays into the eye. Sunglasses have long been associated with celebrities and film actors primarily from a desire to mask their identity. Since the 1940s, sunglasses have been popular as a fashion accessory, especially on the beach(read more)
The purpose of the sunglasses previously for just averting the harshness from the sun and overtime it has come with the use of polarized, ray blocking, dust prevention sunglasses as compared to getting goggles.
Buying sunglasses for men and buying sunglasses as a gift for men
This article will be divided into sections.
What Kind of Glass are you Buying
A very important question, hope you are not just getting a sunglass to cover your eyeballs as there are quite a number of things you should put into consideration, what sunglass are you buying?
For your face shape
- Oval- An Oval face has slightly wider cheekbones and a gentle narrowing at the forehead and jaw avoid glasses that look too massive. Preferably, the frame should be as wide as your face, or a little wider. Make sure that the frame’s upper part is in line with your eyebrows.
- Heart- A heart face is widest at the forehead and gradually narrows through to the jaws, advise you to choose glasses where the width equals the width of your face. Opt for a teardrop-shaped design. “Aviators“ would be ideal.
- Round- A round face has softer angles with slightly wider cheekbones and an equally wide forehead and jaw choose glasses with dark frames. They narrow the face and bring its contours closer to an oval shape. To balance your facial proportions, choose a frame where the width is greater than the height.
- Square- A square face has more angular lines with equally wide cheekbones, forehead and jaws choose glasses with large glasses, Glasses where the frame width equals the width of your face, Glasses with colored frames, Glasses with oval, round, or teardrop-shaped frames
- Triangle- A triangle face is wider at the jaw and gradually narrows through to the forehead Choose sunglasses with a large frame and a broad upper part. The lower part shouldn’t have square or sharp outlines
here, it depends on the shape of your face and as soon as you are able to figure that you then you can go ahead and ask for further recommendations based on your face shape as mentioned in the list above.
Buy sunglasses that fits the event/ occasion you want to attend or host, you don’t want to be the only one looking odd.
Buy glasses that shows your style
Buy glasses you can afford, it’s a sunglass OK. Nobody will advise you go into debt or overdraft to get a Prada sunglass, If you can afford it good, but if you can’t common just go for something you can afford.
Buying as a Gift for men
Buying sunglasses as a gift for man is a very nice and it’s always something to remember compared to getting a chocolate which is not a bad idea as a gift but it sure is something that will not last. So what do you do?.
There is a guide I development for getting gifted for men and here I will share the guide for you if you plan to get a sunglass as a gift to that male friend.
- Get an idea of the kind of sunglass he like
- know what brand, color, size, shape or design he will buy.
- Ask stylishly to know what he would buy of you hooked to the mall and decide to get a sunglass.
- Ask him how much his is willing to spend on a sunglass and how much he will consider too much to buy a sunglass
Then what do you do after all this, you go ahead and get the sunglass for him and you don’t necessarily have to go through all those steps but if you try and and have a nice idea of what it is he want then the mall guide should take care of the rest, then you can go ahead and wrap and present your gift in any manner you like.
Then watch how he appreciates it, since you are getting something valuable that would at least be a memory for. Him for a while and for some for eternity.
Buying for your self as a man
When you decide to get yourself a sunglass there are certain things you need to put into consideration.
- You need to know if you really need to get the sunglass, common, I will not suggest you get a sunglass you know you will not be using as it is possible you change your taste and that will just lie in your closet a useless piece of plastic.
- Identify what you expect from the sunglass, do you want a Polaroid, tinted, “other kinds” you need to identify that
- Just incase you don’t know as the store guide for recommendations based on the shape of your face and then select from alternatives.
- try your sunglasses out at the mall before leaving.
- Check the specs on the sunglass, you want to know the description on it to know what you should expect from the use of the sunglass.
- Try out other stores to get competitive pricing for your proposed sunglass and then buy from the store/mall with the best price.
All these should not be too much to do and you can of course step some of them as soon as you are able to figure out what works for you hen I suggest you should be good to go and then can go ahead flaunting you need asset.
There you have it, guides on how to buy sunglasses for men, after this you should go to the mall knowing what it is you want or expect then come out with the sunglass that serves the purpose you need it for.
If you have any questions, require more guides or you want to share your experience with the topic, leave a comment below and I will reply as I get them. But before I leave here is a sunglass quote from Virginia Postrel