It is a wedding party, yay!, you are invited because you are special, you are recognized, you have been invited to an event that will last in for eternity in the couple’s memory and yours and then you are there maybe staring at your wardrobe or online stores checking for several dress options and here you are caught in my post on how to dress for a wedding party and you are like lets see what this person has to say.
Here in this post I will be targeting several options of dress choice for you if you have been invited to a wedding party, attend a wedding party and still be your self sticking to your style and tips so you don’t have to over think your self.
The regular suit and tie? Common we’ve heard this before
So when we hear of a wedding party, first thought is “Where is my black suit and tie? You should not limit your imagination to this only, remember someone obviously must have come up with this idea ages ago, Who is this person? A Fashionable person if you ask me.
Check out my observations:
you have the Suit Jacket, Suit pants, corporate shoes, ties. Yeah, we know these
you have options of suspenders, waist coat, chinos, casual shoes, sunglasses, Bow ties all at your disposal only if you know how to effectively combine them and create an exceptional result
Suit, Tie and Shoe? -this is how you rock it:
If you’re Slim I would recommend you wear your waist coat to complement the suit jacket with or without tie.
Here if you are muscular or you may wear a waist coat if it suits your style or you just wear your fitted under shirt and Suit jacket with or without tie.
Also, if you are fat then I would recommend don’t wear a waist coat if it will make you inconvenient, get your tailored suit, inner-shirt and pants with or without tie.
Lastly, you don’t want to stick to the regular Suit, Tie and Shoe then move to the next heading I have recommendations better
Here for the Mentioned changes- Lets roll
Remember I mentioned you have options of suspenders, waist coat, chinos, casual shoes, sunglasses, Bow ties all at your disposal only if you know how to effectively combine them and create an exceptional result. Without much say lets move into the
Use the suspenders
Some of you actually use the suspenders a lot dressing for the office or just to complement that casual shirt, here is how you probably would want to rock your suspenders if you plan wear one to a wedding:
if you want wear a Tie make sure it blends with the suspenders or better still make it the same color.
You don’t need wear a belt if you have your suspenders as it already serves the purpose of the belt and would spoil the looks.
You may or may not wear a hat to complement your suspenders go for a neutral colors(beige,ivory, taupe, black, gray) as they match with almost all colors.
Need not wear a Corporate suit with your suspenders, depends on the style of the person wearing it, as it does not bring a sharp look if it is not polished.
Use the waist coat
The power of a waist coat cannot be underestimated, here below is one of the several ways it saves face:
Have a loose/slack shirt?, the waist coat grips the shirt together a brings a fitted result
Are you slim?, Here a waist coat adds to the physical body size and brings about a toned body result
want to spice up your Suit jacket with awesome reveal when you loose your Suit button?, Here the waist coat brings an awesome and polished look when it is combined with a suit properly.
So how do you rock a Waist coat to a wedding?
For colors, Brown and Neutral colors(beige,ivory, taupe, black, gray) are perfect, additional colors depends on your style.
You want to make your waist coat match with your pants/trousers, but you can also carefully combine the colors, additional colors depends on your style.
If not the above, you may want your waist coat to match the color of your suit jacket, additional color combination here also depends on your style .
Waist coat can be worn with or without tie to a wedding, looks perfect both ways on the inner sleeve(long/short) shirt with or without tie.
Use the chinos
With popular colors of Cream, Beige, Khaki, British Khaki, Tan, Pebble, Taupe Chinos are not just perfect for every man’s wardrobe but can also be worn to weddings as well! Is that not just amazing. There is really nothing much to say on chinos but here are tips if you want to rock one to a wedding:
Wear a matching belt and shoe
Tuck in your shirt as this brings polished looks
Sport jackets are perfect for chinos and choice of inner shirt can be a polo, round neck or a shirt(long/short sleeved.
Use Casual Shoes
Casual shoes are all best shoes for sport, everyday lifestyle and dance. But do you know this shoes can also be worn to a wedding not the regular dress shoes?, yes then can certainly sweep off the floor making you look stylish and classic.
The types wear are the Slip on and the Athletic shoes.
Use sun glasses
For your face shape
- Oval- An Oval face has slightly wider cheekbones and a gentle narrowing at the forehead and jaw avoid glasses that look too massive. Preferably, the frame should be as wide as your face, or a little wider. Make sure that the frame’s upper part is in line with your eyebrows.
- Heart- A heart face is widest at the forehead and gradually narrows through to the jaws, advise you to choose glasses where the width equals the width of your face. Opt for a teardrop-shaped design. “Aviators“ would be ideal.
- Round- A round face has softer angles with slightly wider cheekbones and an equally wide forehead and jaw choose glasses with dark frames. They narrow the face and bring its contours closer to an oval shape. To balance your facial proportions, choose a frame where the width is greater than the height.
- Square- A square face has more angular lines with equally wide cheekbones, forehead and jaws choose glasses with large glasses, Glasses where the frame width equals the width of your face, Glasses with colored frames, Glasses with oval, round, or teardrop-shaped frames
- Triangle- A triangle face is wider at the jaw and gradually narrows through to the forehead Choose sunglasses with a large frame and a broad upper part. The lower part shouldn’t have square or sharp outlines.
Here is a quote from Iris Apfel
“Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. The key to style is learning who you are, which takes years. There’s no how-to road map to style. It’s about self-expression and, above all, attitude.”
This leaves me to say if you are really stuck up and want to be original just dress freely, but remember it is style that sets you apart from another person
Notice my emphasis on style.
My take home Tips
- Spend on your pockets in as much as you want to show up perfect at the wedding, I’m pretty sure you don’t want to turn broke the next day
- When it comes to dressing, choose what makes you comfortable. Yes, because in this age where we have reception performance, wedding haka and the likes you don’t want to be surprised at your own game.
- Hey there! try not to steal the attention of the bride…its not your wedding, just a reminder
If you have any questions, observation or suggestions please do leave them below and I would be glad to reply as I get them. Gracias!!