Hi awesome people there, you might have seen 1000 ways to look younger or probably a 100 ways to look younger, yes I guess, but my question here Is, how many of them do you actually put into your lifestyle or you already are doing at the moment, not all 1000 or 100 right?, wow! all those informations.
So here I would not bombard you with a million list for a change, but here I would be revealing 10 ways that make you look younger, posing you a challenge for you to try them and see if you look younger or not, all you have to do is accept the challenge at the end and go on looking awesome.
Without changing the topic, let’s start. These 10 ways make you look younger:
Smile, Laugh and Be Happy as much as you Can
Did you know, According to a study carried out by some research students at the Institute for Human Development in Berlin. Pictures of happy faces may be misleading because smiling or laughing creates temporary wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. In a picture and when a person smiles it is harder to tell the difference between temporary wrinkles and real ones.
Most people tend to develop the permanent wrinkle overtime as they age, and young people get the temporary wrinkle when they smile, smiling and laughing often would be deceptive which would make it hard for people to notice your wrinkle if you have one, allowing you look younger.
Several blogs online have suggested “replacing smiling with a surprised/shocked expression” to prevent wrinkle from the face, which I don’t agree with
Smiles DO NOT create wrinkles!
The lines that shows when you smile is called the “Nasolabial folds” which is not a defect of the body, but normal to everybody, so as far as you smile as a kid you should have the Nasolabial folds, big and obvious for some, small and unnoticeable for others.
In ancient China, the Taoists taught that a constant inner smile to oneself, insured health, happiness and longevity. Why? Smiling to yourself is like basking in love: you become your own best friend. Living with an inner smile is to live in harmony with yourself. Mantak China, Taoist Master
Does it really cost much to smile? No it doesn’t. So why lose it when you are in charge.
Eat and Drink Healthy
If you don’t already know that the food and drinks you take have an effect in making you look healthy and younger rather than sick and older. You should know that now as THEY REALLY DO!
Eating three healthy meals a day, along with healthy snacks and staying hydrated drinking plenty of water, will not only make you look younger but also make you feel younger. So if you’re only eating processed foods or are constantly overeating, then you’re bound to look older than you really are.
- Foods that are rich in Vitamin C, like broccoli and oranges, can help you look and feel younger, and
- antioxidants such as berries can help keep your skin fresh.
- Carrots and sweet potatoes are also great for your skin, and low-fat yogurt can help keep your teeth strong.
Petty much any fruit or vegetable or natural food can have benefits in terms of making you look younger. Cut out the processed, fatty foods, excessive alcoholic drinks, smoking and you are bound to look younger than you ever have before.
The most important thing here is to MAKE IT A HABIT, if you will be eating and drinking to look younger, don’t do so only when you have an important event, when you develop a particular sickness or illness, or when you once in a while, be consistent with it, make it a lifetime goal and you would soon hear the complements coming in.
Make it a Habit to Exercise Regularly
Who else does not know the importance of exercising, yeah, exercise not only gives you more vim and vigor which is the enthusiasm and good physical strength you get from keeping the habit of exercising, making you look flexible which is associated with younger people and allows you do your daily task with ease and less difficulty making it feel like you’ve peel off a decade or two from your age.
Other things you get from regular exercise associated with looking young are:
- Exercise improves your mood: during exercising the body gets refreshed and the pleasurable feeling you get after exercising improve the mood and boost confidence.
- Regular habit of exercising helps to slow down the aging process in the body
- Exercise improves body posture and stature
- Kicks up your metabolism
- Exercising keeps your skin soft and glowing
The list can go on and on, but these are the major pointers here and they are all associated with looking younger, the most important thing here is to make it a long-lasting habit and enjoy the benefits from exercising.
Keep all Hair Cut and Clean
You could immediately tell who the old and who the younger person is in the picture right?, Yes, and that is due to the fact that aside from the size of the baby all kids usually have the clean cut hair.
Of course, you are not a kid, but if you could apply that simple logic to your own self and compare yourself in the mirror before and after keeping your hair cut and clean, I’m pretty much sure you would fall in love with the later. You see how keeping the hair cut and clean makes you look younger.
Things to try:
- Keep your face clean-shaven or neatly trimmed, and always trim your nose and ear hair.
- Don’t let your hair get too shaggy or you’ll look a bit more haggard and old. Let your hair grow out a bit.
- Consider shaving your hair if you are going bald, this will make you look younger instead of just letting your bald spot show.
- Not just your face hairs but also shave the hairs on the chest if it is really obvious.
Dress Smart and Young
So if you want to look young, dress young. It should be as simple as that. But how do you dress young/?
The first advice is to dress for your body shape and size, the reason you need to dress for you body type is; the outfit that fits slim person, may not be ideal for you if you are fat, likewise the outfit of a fat person may not be ideal for you as a slim person.
An outfit not made for your body shape and size would only add age to your look making you even look older than you are, But an outfit made for your body shape and size would not only make you look your age and younger but also boost your confidence and esteem.
Other way to dress smart and young:
- Stay updated with what is trending in the fashion world, and upgrade when you find a sensible trend.
- Upgrade your wardrobe by decluttering old clothes, wearing them just makes you look older.
- Seek advice when you are confused about what to wear, what outfit to buy and what colors to combine, you could ask the sales assistance or friends.
If you could do all these looking young would be the result.
Stress does pretty ugly things to the body, not just psychologically but also biologically.
- Stress can even trigger premature aging on a cellular level, leads to hair loss,
- progress hair loss stage,
- stress slows the skin’s monthly cell renewal process,
- wrinkles are created as a result of stress,
- stress may impede digestion, thereby inhibiting absorption of vitamins that are essential for healthy teeth, skin, and hair,
- stress affects our attractiveness,
- stress can incite self-sabotage, for instance, when we’re stressed we do things that hurt how we look. For example, we furrow our brows or purse our lips, which can cause wrinkles over time. Or we anxiously, absentmindedly pick our skin or bite our nails.
- Lots of stress often means too little time, so we also tend to make hasty, unwise eating decisions and gain weight. Found here click for more
Every body gets stressed for one reason or another, nobody is immune to stress, and some can be pretty obvious and others small and unnoticeable, the most important thing here is to manage stress to look younger, reduce stress or totally avoid it for a younger and healthier life. Instead, Embrace smiling and Happines as an alternative
Act Like the Young person Would
The logic here is pretty simple, but this really is more than just a logic it is common sense. Some habits associated with young people are:They tend to be organized, go for shopping, sing together with others, always curious-researching, playing games for fun, get enough sleep, some go for walk with their dog. One thing to remember though is:
“If you act like you can do something then it will work”
If you want to look younger act younger, occassionally do what younger people do, if you are young, do what young people of your age do that are reasonable to you and does not affect your common sense, and if you are old do what younger people of the age you want to be.
Take Supplements that Makes you look younger
Taking supplements are one of the best ways to ensure that there is no defficiency of any nature in your body’s system as deficiencies can lead to a variety of health problemsin the body. These can include digestion problems, skin disorders, stunted or defective bone growth, aging and even dementia.
What type of supplements/ Anti aeing vitamins do you take to look younger:(My favorites)
- Vitamin E Prevents dry skin and helps skin retain its natural moisturizers
- Vitamin A, aside from eyesight support it is an awesome wrinkle reducer
- Vitamin K, diminishes dark circles
- Vitamin B3, Boost hydration
- Vitamin B12 Your body needs this to convert the food you eat into glucose for fuel.
The best way to go about this is to identify what supplement your body need, visit your doctor for prescription and advice then actually use the supplements as directed and stop when instructed if it is not a natural supplement.
Maintain proper hygiene
maintaining a proper hygiene is really important if you want to maintain a young and healthy look. Do you still remember the person you saw with a dirt spot on his shirt, stain on his shoe or any other signs or a not so good hygiene practice?
No a good experience right, here are some things you would want to try:
- Maintain good healthy teeth: Good teeth can immediately make you look younger and more attractive.
- Wear neat cloths: Avoid wearing dirty cloths with tons of excuses, only opt for neat cloths
- Keep your shoes and other accessories you wear clean.
- Maintain a clean lifestyle, all this and more would enable you have a clean, young and refreshed lifestyle with would
Make your Face Look Younger
When asked what part of the body is most noticeable, some studies conducted shows that it is the face. Because in the face you tend to know if a person is old or young, so how do you properly take care of the most visible part of the human body.
- Wash the face regularly
- Choose a gentle facial cleanser
- Moisturize after cleansing
- Use sun protection daily
- Exfoliate your skin
- Manage your facial hair.
Doing all these would make will bring a youthful look to the face making you look not just younger but also healthy.
There you have it folks, these 10 ways make you look younger, I believe you would take on the challenge and put each and all of them into practice.
If you have any questions, want to share your opinion or experience, leave a comment below and I would reply as I get them.